Bend Beer Chase volunteers can look forward to a fun experience supporting BBC runners to have a safe and enjoyable race. This race couldn’t happen without you, and we are very grateful for your support. It is our sincerest hope to see you return year after year.
- All volunteers receive a Cascade Relays visor and an invitation to join us at the finish line celebration at Crux Fermentation Project.
- Your experience as a volunteer will be more pleasant if you are prepared, so please read through the volunteer instructions & directions carefully and contact us if you have any questions prior to the race. It is also recommended that you read the Official Race Guide and Race Map to familiarize yourself with the rules and procedures of the race. Please print your own copy of these documents, as they will not be provided at the race. You will need to sign an electronic waiver form prior to race day.
- If you are volunteering on behalf of an Official Charity, please contact your charity coordinator to find out at which of the locations assigned to your charity you will be volunteering.
Team Captain Information
Every team with 3-6 runners must provide one Volunteer who is at least 18 years of age or older. Volunteers must be physically capable to perform the assigned duties. Volunteers are not allowed to bring dogs or children under 12.
- Solo runners, pairs, and individuals who are running only the Keg Leg run are not required to provide a volunteer.
Team captains must register their volunteer in our registration database no later than May 1st.
- We ask that all volunteers complete a 4-6 hour shift, be prompt, and allow additional time for driving to their assignment.
Volunteers are absolutely critical for the success and safety of this event. Therefore, if a team elects to provide your own volunteers and your volunteers do not show up for their assignment, a penalty donation of $300 must be made to the “Hire a Volunteer” program in order to receive your team finisher hats & medals, not be officially disqualified, and to be accepted to participate in CLRG events in future years. Your team will also be required to select the HAV program in order to participate in any CLRG events the following year.
If your team is not able to provide a volunteer and/or you want to support a local non-profit, you may participate in our popular “Hire a Volunteer” program.
- The donation amount for the “Hire a Volunteer” program is as follows:
- At time of registration or by April 1st: $100
- Postmarked between April 2nd and May 1st: $150
- Postmarked between May 2nd and May 31st: $200
- Final Hire A Volunteer Price after June 1st: $300
- The donation fee to select and hire volunteers goes up as the event date draws near as it is much more difficult to find and coordinate additional charity volunteers closer to the event date. We appreciate teams selecting and paying for this option as early as possible so that we can coordinate effectively with over 20 volunteer organizations. 100% of your donation goes directly to the charities who provide volunteers for the event.
- To change your volunteer status from “provide your own volunteers” to “hire a volunteer program” or visa versa, team captains must email email@example.com with the request. The donation payment amount is based on when the donation check is postmarked, so mail the donation check immediately after requesting the change to avoid extra fees.
- Volunteer checks must include “BBC”, “HAV” and your team name in the memo line, as well as the team captain name if different than the name on the check. We wish we were mind readers but we’re not!
Cascade Relays Foundation
PO Box 9640
Bend, OR 97708
Without a group of dedicated volunteers from all teams, this race would not be possible. We thank you in advance for your time in helping us make the Bend Beer Chase a successful and safe event for everyone.